Dr. Virginia Hill
I am Dr Virginia Hill and I was Consultant Dermatologist and Lead for Paediatric Dermatology for the Royal Free London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust until 2017. I studied medicine at Guys Hospital in London and trained as a General Practitioner, gaining a number of qualifications during my time in Practice.
I completed my dermatology training in London and Surrey, then spent a year as post-CCST Specialist Registrar in Paediatric Dermatology at Great Ormond Street Hospital. I was subsequently appointed as a Consultant in Paediatric Dermatology at Birmingham Children’s Hospital in 2003. I was appointed to my post at the Barnet and Chase Farm (now the Royal Free) in 2007 and was Clinical Lead for Dermatology for two years.
I have built up the NHS Paediatric Dermatology services over a wide area of North London and Hertfordshire during my time in post. I am one of the few dermatologists to gain an MSc in Allergy from Imperial College, London, which I completed in 2012. This included a thesis on Childhood Atopic Eczema. I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and have over 50 publications. I regularly teach visiting doctors, medical students, GP’s, hospital doctors and nurses in clinics, and supervise dermatology trainees.
Nominated for the clinician of the year award at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust 2016/17 Oscars
- Royal College of Physicians – Fellow since 2007
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education – Surrey University 2000
- Royal College of General Practitioners Member since 1987
- Diploma of Child Health RCPCH 1987
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Diploma 1986
- MSc in Allergy Imperial College 2012
Publications written or featured in
- British Journal of Dermatology
- Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Clinical Radiology
- Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps
- Journal of Dermatological Treatment